Log in

No account? Create an account
Spring - luna_ann


The Sea of Stars

Water-stained pages, pebbles and traces of stardust

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Computer Woe
Spring - luna_ann
My new PC, which I've had for less than a month, is already malfunctioning. It's suddenly become very slow (even slower than my old one) and refuses to open programs, telling me that they all contain 'errors'.

I wouldn't mind so much except that it's a pain to keep backing up my files. -_-

In other news, I have been applying for jobs left right and centre, both temporary and permanent. At the moment, there are two language jobs that I'm applying for, apart from the work placement in France. One is a part time post in France, just outside Paris (PARIS!), translating IT documents for a company; the other is a permanent placement here in the UK in Buckinghamshire, proof-reading translations from French and Spanish, with an opportunity to become an in-house translation.

The thing is, I don't know what to wish for. I've finally got myself a little organised with regards to exercise and things and I'm going to phone up my friend's driving instructor and get that part of my life organised. If I get the job in France or Buckinghamshire, that means everything I've got here will have to be changed or put on hold: but both of them would be really good for my career (the permanent job especially). Any advice?

In other news, still finishing December, although I have managed to write one ficlet for January and have another one in mind. I don't why I always end up tormenting Haruka in my stories, but it seems to be a pattern. I must be more like Michiru than I thought.

  • 1
It's a tough decision, but my best suggestion is to follow your heart. Fate may help you make your decision by offering you one position instead of both.

If both are offered to you....well, no one knows you better than yourself.

Paris sounds like an amazing opportunity, but you also have to keep in mind that it is only part-time. You would have to pack up and move, only to do so again. It might be great experience for further down the road, though.

At the same time, the job in Buckinghamshire sounds like exactly what you want. It's the opportunity that you've been waiting for.

If you choose Paris, will that opportunity still be waiting for you? Will there be a better one?

Life is a gamble.

I know that I'm going through something similar now as I decide whether or not to stay in Japan for a second year, but I don't have as much at stake as you do.

The best that I can tell you is to follow your heart: Do you want the dream job that promises a career and stability, or do you want the dream of Paris--that once-in-a-lifeime experience? Ultimately....only you can make that decision. It's really rough.

I wish you the best of luck and am envious of whichever decision that you make!<3

I don't think the opportunity will wait for me. Of course, I'm counting my chickens before they're hatched... I haven't even applied to either of them. I will do so over the weekend. I'm just wondering which I should hope for.

Anyway, good luck with your own decision, I hope you make the right one for yourself.

  • 1